A parent is a child’s first and most important teacher.
Parents as Teachers
A free program designed to provide parents with information to help build their child’s learning, language, social, and physical development from birth to kindergarten age. Parents as Teachers helps guide parents through early learning stages and gives them tools for success.
Who Can Participate?
Families living in Adams, Canyon, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, and Washington counties
Families who are expecting a child or have child(ren) birth to kindergarten age
What Does It Look Like?
Personal Home Visits
- Information about your child’s development
- Fun activities to help you prepare you child for school
- Confidential discussion of your parenting concerns with a certified parent educator
- Families are invited to get together for a community event, learning opportunity, or exploration of local kid-friendly fun spots
- Developmental, hearing, vision checks to make sure your child is on the right track
- Health and safety information every parent should know
- Where to get help when you need it
Request Additional Information
- Patricia Kennings: 208-576-0056
- Carla Warner: 208-576-1831