Confirmed COVID-19 Case at Middleton School District
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MORE COVID-19 CASES CONFIRMED IN CANYON COUNTY
CANYON COUNTY, IDAHO – Southwest District Health has confirmed four additional cases of COVID-19 in Canyon County. This brings the total to five cases in southwest Idaho.
- Male in his 20s from Canyon County recovering at home; recently traveled to an area of known community transmission
- Male in his 50s from Canyon County recovering at home; recently traveled to an out of state conference where an attendee was later confirmed to have COVID-19
- Female in her 40s from Canyon County recovering in the hospital; point of transmission is still under investigation
- Female in her 70s from Canyon County recovering at home; point of transmission is still under investigation
The investigations into these new confirmed cases are in their primary stages. Additional case-specific information about these individuals is confidential and will not be released.
“We all need to do our part to flatten the curve. Stay home and practice social distancing. Call or text your neighbors to ensure they’re okay. If you’re sick, stay home and self-isolate,” said Jaime Aanensen, Environmental and Community Health Services Division Administrator.
As a reminder, it is still cold and flu season, and you do not need to seek medical attention for a mild respiratory illness such as a cold. However, if you have had close contact with a person with known COVID-19 or have recently traveled to an area with ongoing spread and you develop fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, self-isolate and call your healthcare provider to ask for instructions about how to seek care.
As SWDH continues to investigate these cases, news releases will be issued when there is evidence of community spread and for the first case in each county in our district. Visit https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/ for case numbers by health district and county.
Southwest District Health has opened a call center to field questions from the community. The call center is open Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You can reach the hotline at (208) 455-5411.
For Idaho-specific information about the novel coronavirus, please visit https://coronavirus.idaho.gov
# # #
Southwest District Health
(208) 455-5317 or (208) 899-1268