FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
First Adams County COVID-19 Case Confirmed
Southwest District Health (SWDH) has confirmed the first COVID-19 case in Adams County in a male in his 60s who is recovering well at home. The source of transmission is under investigation. Additional case-specific information about this individual is confidential and will not be released.
Southwest District Health staff will continue their contact investigation. If other people are found to have been possibly exposed, they will be contacted, provided guidance, and monitored for symptoms.
Southwest District Health District Director Nikki Zogg urges Adams County residents to continue to do their part to slow the spread of COVID-19 by following the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Stay-Home Order issued Wednesday, March 25, 2020. The guidelines set out in the Stay-Home Order include:
- Keep six feet between yourself and everyone else at all times.
- Engage in work, schooling, and social interaction from home via technology.
- Avoid interacting with anyone outside your household unless you can keep at least six feet of space between you.
- Use drive-thru, pickup or delivery options as much as possible when getting food.
- Avoid all non-essential travel.
- Reschedule all social activities to take place via phone, video chats, or social media.
Questions about COVID-19 can be directed to the SWDH COVID-19 call center at (208) 455-5411 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Case counts for the six counties SWDH serves are updated weekdays by 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted on the SWDH website, https://swdh.id.gov/coronavirus. For Idaho COVID-19 information, please visit https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/.
# # #
Southwest District Health
(208) 455-5317 or (208) 899-1268