We are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with local providers, community organizations, and patients to reduce the burden of diabetes and hypertension in the Southwest Region. Funded by the CDC, we work with local partners to increase screening rates, clinical resources, and prevention programming for our communities. We offer free coaching for clinics as well as facilitation of regional meetings to share resources and align efforts across partner organizations.
To schedule a training for your organization or for questions about resources, contact Claudia Ornelas at Claudia.Ornelas@phd3.idaho.gov
- AMA/CDC Type 2 Diabetes Toolkit or Idaho Adult Type 2 Diabetes Clinical Practice Guidelines. Patient care guidelines for diagnosing and communicating information to patients.
- Diabetes Self-Management Education Referral guides and brochures.
- Idaho Wellness Guide: An online guide for chronic disease resources in Idaho www.wellness.idaho.gov.
- The Idaho Blood Pressure Toolkit – training toolkit to aid clinicians in obtaining and reinforcing accurate BP measurements, adopting policies for new hires to be adequately trained and patient education tools.
- Million Hearts Hypertension Control Change Package – serving as a menu of options to select specific interventions to improve HTN control – includes, change concepts, evidenced-based practice tools and resources that can be tailored to each clinic.
Diabetes and Hypertension Coalition Meeting- Southwest District Health 13307 Miami Lane Caldwell, Idaho.
- June 20th 11am-2pm
- August 22nd 11am-2pm